Obstacles are used to try and stop the player from progressing. The game would be extremely easy without them and won't give a challenge during gameplay.
Subway Surfers is nothing without trains! Some trains move opposing the direction the player runs while most trains stay stationary. They cannot run through them, roll under them nor jump over them. (unless they have the Super Sneakers or the Power Jumper) But some trains have ramps where they can run on top of them to have a better view of whats to come, and have a chance to collect coins, power-ups or even tokens for the Weekly Hunt.
There are 3 types of barriers in the game, each barrier requires different actions to dodge them.
- The first barrier allows the character to jump over them or roll under them.
- The second barrier has the bottom part blocked, so the character can't roll under them, but the player can jump over them.
- The third barrier has the top part blocked, so the character can't jump over them, (unless they have the Super Sneakers or the Power Jumper) but they can roll under them.
They only appear on the ground.
Bush/Bush with electric boxEdit
Bushes only appear before and after 'stations'. They can dodge them by jumping over them. But if they fail to dodge them, their character will stumble and the inspector will catch up.
Lamp posts only appear between lanes. If they(unluckily) hit them, their character will stumble and the inspector will catch up.
Large garbage binEdit
Like bushes, garbage bins only appear before and after 'stations'. They can dodge them by jumping over them. However, if they fail to dodge them, their character will fall and the inspector will catch them, ending their run.
Although they are just as normal as the lanes they run on (the ground), if they don't jump when they reach them, their character will fall and the inspector will catch them, ending their run.
Pillars and WallsEdit
Pillars only appear at middle lanes while walls appear anytime with 1 or 2 tunnels. Bumping into them will end their run. They can avoid pillars by staying at the 2 side lanes, but they must watch out for trains. When walls appear, they must just go through the tunnels, but they must act fast! A train will most probably hit them if they don't change lanes quick enough. There are also some walls which appear way on top of the tracks and will cause their character to fall if they jump towards them.
- The walls outside the game area also count as an obstacle as if they swipe their character to go towards them, their character will stumble.
- The Lowrider board is made specially to avoid tallest barriers (third barrier).
- It doesn't make sense on why all of the trains move from the opposing direction the player is running.
- Besides that, sometimes on a certain lane they see a non-moving train, and at that same lane a train is moving towards the opposite direction the player is running. If this occurrence happens in real life, who knows how many accidents had occured.
- During the Seoul edition, the bushes' color changed to yellowish-orange.
- During the London edition, snow can be seen on top of bushes.
|Subway Surfers Wiki|
|Editions • Characters • Items • Hoverboards • Power-Ups • Extra Challenges|